Monday, June 30, 2014

Maybe I'll press publish...

All progress takes place outside the comfort zone. (quote from a motivational thing that doesn't attribute the quote to anyone.)

What am I doing currently outside my comfort zone?

Big breath - big sigh - let it out...

I am jumping the hurdles headed towards a gastric sleeve operation.

Yes, me. Me who has too many hours of holistic healing classes to count.

See, I'm 56. My bmi is 61.7. That's easier to tell you than my weight. I don't think weight is everything but I have not felt in optimal health for a while now.

This needs to change. And my personal history proves I need help to change it.

I've done lots and lots and lots of research and this is the decision I have made.

I am happy with it.

Yet it is outside my comfort zone.

What are you doing outside your comfort zone lately?

10 comments:

  1. Good for you. You recognize a health problem, you've researched the best solution for you, and now you're tackling it. :)

    I just got back from visiting my relatives in Texas. Flying is outside my comfort zone, and I managed it--even the turbulence--without resorting to excessive drinking. Yay, me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed yay you! And thanks for the support.

      Delete
  2. Good for you! Choosing to get healthy can be incredibly hard and any tools you find to help you along the way are good tools. It's a brave choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go and use any tools which will help you be the best YOU that you can possibly be!

    Let us know what we can do to help, we're here.

    Outside my comfort zone? Hmm, my therapy work is going very well, letting go is becoming not-so-horrifying. Let's say that's it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. letting go can be hard!

      Delete
  4. This might be a double post. Things just disappeared. Monday!!
    I've known several people who have had this procedure done and they were thrilled with the results.
    Best Wishes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement Jai. It means a lot!

      Delete
  5. Then I send you many blessings for successful surgery and the work that comes after. Healing vibes and good health! xxoo !

    ReplyDelete