Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The Sweet Smell of Jasmine


For years I wrote poetry. There was a time when I wrote 2 or 3 poems a week. I sent them to a group of friends which included my brother.

Last xmas my brother gave me the most thoughtful present. He worked with a friend of his to put  a chapbook together of my poetry which she illustrated.

I was stunned and incredibly pleased.

Now it is for sale on amazon.

Not that I want anyone to feel obligated to buy it. It's just - I have a book out there in the world for sale.

HOW ABOUT THAT?!?!?!

The awesome illustrators name is Tracey Hudson Countz. (The link is to  her facebook page. Not sure she has a website.)

Here are other books she has illustrated and co-written:

The Adventures of Kaylin and Sadie: The Case of the Missing Earring
by Author: Dana Hester and Illustrator: Tracey Countz Hudson

Violette: The Grandma Stories Volume 2
by Barbara Dolan, Tracey Countz Hudson and Peg Bala

The Adventures of SuperTwinz Zuce and Zena: The Bullies Learn a Lesson Volume 1
by Author: Annette N. Sikes and Illustrator: Tracey Countz Hudson

The Princess and the Pebble
by Sarah-Ann Pon, Linda Johnson and Tracey Countz Hudson

I will put up a poem or two from the book in the next couple of weeks. If I can figure out how, maybe even book pages so you can see the beautiful illustrations, too.

DO I HAVE THE MOST THOUGHTFUL BROTHER IN THE UNIVERSE OR WHAT?




4 comments:

  1. So thoughtful! Very exciting indeed.
    (You got published, accidentally. Hee hee.)

    (Also, the link to Tracey's page is not connecting properly. FYI)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check it out. Thanks Julie.

      Delete
  2. If you are signed in on your facebook page and you click the link it takes you right there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is totally awesome. Congrats on a wonderful brother and on having a book 'out there.'

    ReplyDelete